We are building a community of women who wish to make an impact on the media and publishing landscape in part by providing a beautiful and inspiring home for the work of female artists and writers. We welcome you to join us, and to submit your work!
Both writing and artwork/photography submitted for our consideration may be published in our print and online issue. Each print issue has a theme, so all work must in some way tie into that theme. Please contact us to ask about the next print issue theme!
Please note that we are an all-volunteer organization and do not offer compensation to any contributors.
Please send us 3–5 work samples and let us know about your writing interests. What would you most like to write about? Do you want to write for the print issue, blog or both? Are you interested in contributing on a regular basis (and if yes, how often)?
- Pieces written for the print and digital issues may also be republished, in part, on our blog.
- If you’d like your article to appear on our blog, please provide a short bio and photo for your author information below the post.
- A Women’s Thing reserves to right to cut any pieces from the print and digital issues, at any time, at the editors’ discretion.
- We will happily send you your laid-out article in PDF format for inclusion in your portfolio.
Artwork & Photography Submissions
If you submit one or more photos, you are granting us permission to use it/them in our print and online magazine. That means that we may use your photo as a featured image to post on our blog and social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc.
- In all publications and republications, we will credit you as the artist.
- We don’t feature collages that aren’t entirely (all used imagery) created by the artist.
- We try not to crop photography or make any sort of visual adjustments; however we reserve the right to do so as space, layout and quality require. Please let us know your thoughts.
- Please respect our print deadlines. We won’t be able to adjust credits or captions, or make any other changes after you have sent your consent for publication via e-mail.
- A Women’s Thing reserves to right to cut any pieces from the print and online issues, at any time, at the editors’ discretion.
- We will happily send you your laid-out artwork in PDF format for inclusion in your portfolio.
If you have questions or would like to submit your work, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Projects & Internships
Both are open to enrolled college students and must be local to New York City. If you’d like to get in touch with us, send us an e-mail with an outline of your project or the type of internship you’d like to take on along with your resume and work samples to email@example.com. We are particularly interested in Social Media, Distribution, Outreach and Business development interns at this time. We do not offer design internships at the moment.